2. Whidbey Island
11196 WA-525, Clinton, WA 98236, map
Whidbey Island, the most important island in Puget Sound, has rugged coastlines, historic websites, and picturesque villages. Go to the well-known Deception Go State Park or Ebey’s Touchdown Nationwide Historic Reserve, the place pastoral landscapes meet the ocean, or take a look at some lesser-known trails like Ala Spit, Earth Sanctuary, or Windjammer Park. You may as well discover the charming city of Coupeville with its iconic wharf.
All the pieces We Did on Our Whidbey Island Day Journey
- Deception Go State Park – North Seashore has the perfect view of the bridge.
- Ala Spit County Park Path – lesser recognized path to keep away from crowds at Deception Go and Ebey’s Touchdown.
- The Farm Stand – sunflowers, pumpkin patches, ice cream, and extra
- Oak Harbor Murals by Allgire Mission
- Windjammer Park – hikes close to the Oak Harbor waterfront
- Lunch at Seabolts Restaurant – we obtained fish and chips and clam chowder
- Coupeville Pier and city – look out for the tons of of starfish beneath the pier.
- Ebey’s Touchdown Bluff Path – you probably have a nationwide park passport, cease on the customer heart for a stamp.
- Fort Casey State Park – the perfect view of the forts over the water was from the lighthouse.
- Meerkerk Gardens – search for the puzzle monkey tree.
- Earth Sanctuary – combines ecology with artwork (pay on-line forward of time).
- Ott & Hunter Wine Tasting in Langley – you possibly can sit by the window for a pleasant view of the water.
- Discover downtown Langley
Native Tip: To keep away from driving backwards and forwards, begin on the prime of Whidbey Island (Deception Go) and work your means all the way down to Clinton Ferry Terminal.