I’m obsessive about this fast Korean-inspired Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowl. It’s a flavorful meal in below 30-minutes! Air fryer or oven!
Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowls
I eat salmon each week, so I’ve tons of salmon recipes on repeat in my home. To modify issues up I got here up with these gochujang glazed salmon rice bowls which can be so scrumptious I needed to share. I like Korean delicacies and at all times preserve gochujang in my fridge. It’s a preferred Korean condiment, as well-liked as ketchup is to People. The flavour is nice and spicy, which works good on salmon rice bowls. Make it within the air fryer or bake it within the oven. I serve it over brown rice with sesame seeds for a high-protein, macro-balanced meal. If you wish to make this low-carb, serve it over cauliflower rice. For extra wholesome salmon rice bowl recipes, strive my Honey-Sriracha Salmon Rice Bowls, Asian Salmon Bowls, and 3-minute Microwave Salmon Rice Bowls.
Why You’ll Love This Korean-inspired Salmon Rice Bowl
- Quick: Air frying salmon is in regards to the quickest approach to cook dinner it. You don’t need to preheat the oven, and the fish is finished in 6 minutes. Or bake it within the oven for about 10 minutes.
- A Meal in One: Get your carbs, protein, and veggies multi function bowl. No must make a aspect dish!
- Wholesome: These gochujang salmon bowls have 33 grams of protein and are an amazing supply of omega-3s. And should you’re balancing your macros, this dish has a great quantity of carbs, fats, and protein that can assist you attain your targets.
- Scrumptious: Get out of your consolation zone and discover new flavors you is probably not acquainted with!
Korean Salmon Rice Bowl Substances
- Salmon: Cube 4 salmon fillets into one-inch cubes.
- Salmon Marinade: Minced ginger, soy sauce
- Gochujang Paste or sauce is a Korean condiment that’s spicy and just a little candy. You must be capable to discover it at your native grocery store, but when not, you should purchase it from Amazon.
- Mirin is an Asian rice wine with extra sugar and fewer alcohol than sake.
- Soy Sauce: You’ll want extra soy sauce for the gochujang glaze, plus additional for serving.
- Sugar: A bit sugar balances out the spicy, savory flavors.
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Simply half a teaspoon of sesame oil provides the glaze a extra advanced taste.
- Garlic: Mince one small clove.
- Rice: Cook dinner brown rice on the range or within the Immediate Pot.
- Greens: Slice 4 mini cucumbers and some scallions.
- Black Sesame Seeds to sprinkle on prime of the gochujang salmon bowls
Tips on how to Make Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowls
- Gochujang Glaze: Mix all of the glaze components in a small bowl.
- Marinate the Salmon: Pour the soy sauce and ginger on the fish and let it sit for 5 minutes. You’ll be able to marinate it for as much as half-hour, however any longer might make the fish mushy since soy sauce is acidic.
- Air Fry Salmon: Spray the air fryer basket with oil and air fry the salmon for 5 minutes at 400°F, shaking midway. Brush the glaze over the fish and cook dinner another minute.
- Assemble the Rice Bowls: Put 1 / 4 of the rice and cucumbers in every bowl. High with salmon, sesame seeds, and scallions, and serve with extra soy sauce if desired.
- Protein: Sub hen or shrimp for salmon.
- Sauce: Swap gochujang for hoisin sauce with just a little sriracha for warmth.
- Mirin: Substitute rice wine vinegar for mirin.
- Gluten-Free: Exchange soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos.
- Greens: Add avocado or edamame.
- Rice: Swap out brown rice with white rice and even noodles, like soba or rice noodles.
Cooked salmon will preserve for as much as three days within the fridge. Should you don’t need to microwave fish, retailer the rice and salmon in separate containers. Microwave the rice, eat the fish chilly, and add the greens proper earlier than consuming.
You technically don’t need to thaw salmon earlier than air frying it, however I extremely advocate it for one of the best tasting outcomes.
To forestall drying out your salmon, make sure you don’t overcook it. If it’s wanting carried out earlier than the time is up, you may at all times pull out a chunk and reduce it open to verify for doneness.
Extra Air Fryer Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
Mix glaze components collectively in a small bowl.
Place salmon in a big bowl, add the ginger, soy sauce and let it sit 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Technique:
Spray the basket with oil.
Place salmon within the air fryer basket in an excellent layer and air fry 400F about 5 minutes, shaking midway. Brush the glaze on the salmon and cook dinner 1 minute extra, till the salmon is cooked by within the middle and browned throughout.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Place salmon on a sheet pan in an excellent layer and bake 8 minutes. Brush the glaze on the salmon and cook dinner 2 to three extra minute extra, till the salmon is cooked by within the middle and the glaze is browned throughout.
Serve 3/4 cup rice and 1 cucumber in every bowl. High with salmon, sesame seeds and scallions.
Serve with extra soy sauce, if desired.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 431 kcal, Carbohydrates: 50 g, Protein: 33 g, Fats: 10 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 416 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 6 g