This contemporary pomegranate salsa recipe is bursting with sweet-and-spicy taste. It’s a enjoyable vacation appetizer or wintertime snack. You possibly can serve it with tortilla chips like every other salsa. In fact, a aspect of guacamole is at all times a good suggestion.
For a particular Christmas salsa presentation, attempt it as proven right here, with whipped goat cheese as a creamy base and the salsa organized in a wreath-like form on prime. This variation goes effectively with sturdy crostini or crisp toasted pita. The whipped goat cheese element is included within the recipe beneath, and it’s really easy to whip up.
This yr, I’m bringing pomegranate salsa to my associates’ annual Christmas social gathering! Lighter and brighter choices are at all times welcome amongst heavy and candy vacation fare. Let’s begin the pomegranate salsa pattern collectively.
Right here within the U.S., pomegranates are usually out there from the tip of September via January. I hope you might have the prospect to make this recipe whereas we will.
The way to Make Pomegranate Salsa
Begin with the pomegranate—you should purchase entire pomegranates (you’ll want about two for this recipe) and take away the arils your self. That is my most popular technique for eradicating the arils. Or to save lots of time, purchase pomegranate arils which have already been faraway from the fruit (you’ll want about two cups).
In a bowl, merely mix the pomegranate with finely chopped pink onion, cilantro, and jalapeño (omit should you’re delicate to warmth). For the most effective texture, take your time to finely chop these components.
Lastly, add lime juice, lime zest (which actually ramps up the lime taste), and salt. Stir it collectively, and the salsa is able to eat.
To make the optionally available whipped goat cheese, bust out the meals processor and mix goat cheese, cream cheese, honey, garlic and salt. Course of till the combination is completely easy and creamy. Unfold the combination throughout the bottom of a large, shallow bowl and organize the pomegranate salsa across the edges for a wreath-like form (should you’re making this outdoors of the vacations, you may simply pile it within the middle of the dish).
The way to Serve Pomegranate Salsa
Serve it by itself with tortilla chips, maybe with a bowl of guacamole on the aspect. Or, serve it with whipped goat cheese for a creamy base that goes effectively with crostini or toasted pita. You’ll discover the optionally available whipped goat cheese element inside the recipe beneath.
Wintery Mexican-inspired entrées that may go effectively with this pomegranate appetizer embrace Christmas Enchiladas, Tortilla Soup, Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers and Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole.
You could possibly even attempt pomegranate salsa on tacos. I haven’t tried, however I consider it will be stellar instead of the pineapple salsa on this cheese taco recipe—Halloumi Tacos with Pineapple Salsa & Aji Verde.
Extra Pomegranate Recipes to Get pleasure from
Listed here are just some extra of my favourite pomegranate recipes.
Please let me know the way your pomegranate salsa seems within the feedback! I like listening to from you.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Whole Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Class: Salsa
- Technique: By hand
- Delicacies: Mexican-inspired
- Food plan: Vegetarian
This pomegranate salsa recipe is bursting with sweet-and-spicy taste. It’s a enjoyable vacation appetizer or particular wintertime snack. Serve it by itself with tortilla chips, or with whipped goat cheese for a creamy base that goes effectively with crostini or toasted pita. Recipe yields 8 appetizer servings.
- 2 cups pomegranate arils (about 2 pomegranate’s value)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pink onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (use a smaller jalapeño for much less warmth, or depart in some seeds for extra warmth)
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon advantageous salt
Non-obligatory whipped goat cheese
- 4 to 5 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small-to-medium garlic clove
- ⅛ teaspoon advantageous salt
Serving strategies: Crostini, toasted pita wedges, sturdy crackers or tortilla chips
- To arrange the salsa, mix the entire components in a bowl and gently stir till mixed. Style, and add a bit extra salt if desired.
- To arrange the optionally available whipped goat cheese, mix the entire components within the bowl of a meals processor. Course of till the combination is totally easy and creamy, which may take a few minutes, pausing to scrape down the perimeters of the bowl as needed.
- To serve, use the salsa as-is, or unfold the whipped goat cheese into the bottom of a large, shallow bowl. Spoon the entire salsa across the perimeter of the bowl. Serve promptly. Leftovers will hold for as much as 5 days (the whipped goat cheese might want to heat again to room temperature to unfold simply).
Make it dairy free/vegan: Serve the salsa with out the goat cheese, or over guacamole as an alternative. When you’ve got dairy free/vegan friends at a celebration, serve the goat cheese individually from the salsa.
▸ Diet Info
Did you make this recipe?