If you would like a low-calorie, wholesome snack, you’ll love this air-popped Ranch Popcorn with do-it-yourself ranch popcorn seasoning!
We’re big popcorn eaters in my home! Do you know you may pop popcorn on the range with no oil? No fancy machines or gear wanted! And higher information, popcorn is a complete grain loaded with fiber, making it the right gentle snack when watching a film or craving one thing savory. Whereas many flavored popcorn manufacturers are loaded with butter or oil or worse—“pure flavorings”—you can also make do-it-yourself popcorn that’s more healthy (and cheaper!) than the store-bought stuff. Extra of my favourite savory snack recipes are these All the things Parmesan Crisps, Air Fryer Chickpeas, and Baked Wonton Chips.
Why You’ll Love this Seasoned Popcorn
- Quick and Straightforward: Get pleasure from freshly popped popcorn with savory, herby ranch seasoning in lower than 10 minutes.
- Wholesome: This stovetop popcorn with out oil is a wholesome snack that’s excessive in fiber.
- Clear Components: There aren’t any thriller “pure flavors” on this do-it-yourself ranch popcorn. By making it at dwelling, you understand precisely what’s in it.
Ranch Popcorn Components
- Popcorn Kernels: You’ll want 1 / 4 cup of kernels to make six cups of popcorn.
- Olive Oil Spray helps the ranch seasoning follow the popcorn.
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper
- Herbs: Dried basil, parsley, and chive
- Buttermilk Powder is normally discovered within the baking aisle and provides the ranch seasoning a tangy, creamy taste.
The right way to Make Ranch Popcorn
- Make the Ranch Popcorn Seasoning: Mix all of the ranch popcorn seasoning components in a small bowl.
- Microwave Popcorn: I really like utilizing this gadget to microwave kernels with out oil. In the event you don’t have one, you can also make the popcorn on the range.
- The right way to Pop Popcorn on the Range: Put the popcorn kernels in a good layer within the backside of a big pot or Dutch oven. Don’t add too many, or there received’t be sufficient room for them after they pop. Flip the warmth to medium and canopy the pot.
- The right way to Know When Popcorn Is Achieved: Take heed to the kernels as they pop. At first, they’ll pop vigorously, and the noise can be fixed. After about six minutes, they’ll decelerate. Take away the pot from the warmth once you hear one or two seconds in between pops.
- The right way to Add Seasoning to Popcorn: When the popcorn is sizzling, spritz it with olive oil spray and sprinkle on the ranch seasoning.
Extra Popcorn Seasoning Variations
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Finely grated parmesan cheese
- King Arthur’s Higher Cheddar Cheese Powder
- Dietary yeast (Nice dairy-free various to parmesan cheese)
- Taco seasoning
- Tajín (Chili/lime seasoning)
- Coconut oil spray with powdered sugar and cinnamon
For the freshest popcorn, eat this ranch popcorn proper after it’s popped. You too can retailer leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as per week.
Extra Ranch Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Measurement: 2 cups
For Ranch popcorn seasoning:
Mix the ranch popcorn seasoning components in a small bowl.
Air pop or microwave the popcorn. See above for my favourite microwave gadget for microwaving popcorn with no oil. In the event you don’t have an air popper, you can even make it on the range as follows:
Place popcorn kernels within the backside of a big heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven in a good layer (if you happen to add extra kernals, the saucepan won’t have room for them as soon as the pop!) over medium warmth and canopy.
Keep near the range as you’ll must hearken to the kernels as they pop. Pay attention for the kernels to start out popping, at first they’ll pop vigorously. When there’s an interval of a second or two between the pop sounds take away from warmth, about 6 to 7 minutes.
Whereas popcorn continues to be sizzling, spritz with olive oil and prime with ranch seasoning and toss properly.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 cups, Energy: 81 kcal, Carbohydrates: 16 g, Protein: 2.5 g, Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fats: 0.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 0.5 mg, Sodium: 99.5 mg, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 0.5 g