Candy & crunchy vanilla almond granola is straightforward to make and tastes a few thousand occasions higher than store-bought. Healthful oats and almonds cluster along with the candy flavors of maple syrup and vanilla, with out the lengthy listing of unrecognizable elements. Sprinkle it over yogurt for breakfast or take pleasure in it by itself as a snack you’ll be able to tackle the go—this scrumptious home made granola is a reader favourite for a cause!
I’ve a number of recipes for home made granola on my web site, like pumpkin spice granola and chocolate peanut butter granola, however this vanilla almond granola is the gold commonplace. My flagship granola, if you’ll. Fragrant vanilla, pure maple, almond, and cinnamon mingle collectively in good concord, chew after crunchy chew. These things is significantly the most effective.
I initially revealed this recipe on my web site again in 2014, and I nonetheless make it repeatedly. Sprinkled on yogurt or oatmeal, served in a bowl with milk, used as a garnish on maple vanilla baked pears or a bowl of recent berries, or just loved with a spoon, my vanilla almond granola is a staple in lots of different kitchens, too:
One reader, Sheila, commented: “This granola is scrumptious and really easy to make. My husband, who by no means met a granola he preferred, places this on his oatmeal each morning and on his yogurt as effectively. I’ll by no means purchase granola once more. I added some pepitas earlier than cooking and cranberries afterward... ★★★★★”
One reader, Christina, commented: “I’ve made this granola so many occasions that I’ve misplaced rely. My family and friends all love ‘my’ (i.e., Sally’s!) granola and I get so many requests to make it! It’s nice to have readily available for a fast breakfast for the children however it’s uncommon that it lasts greater than a day in our home! ★★★★★”
And one reader, Brittany, commented: “I made this twice simply this week! My entire household completely loves it! So glad for a more healthy and tastier choice to store-bought and it’s so fast and straightforward to make. Can’t go incorrect with this recipe! ★★★★★”
Right here’s Why You’ll Love This Granola
- 8 easy, recognizable elements
- Crunchy, nutty, a little bit salty, a little bit candy
- Sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup—no refined sugars
- As scrumptious as a snack by itself as it’s over yogurt for breakfast
- In contrast to store-bought granola, you may have management over the elements
- Straightforward to make—solely 3 steps! Fantastic recipe for newbie bakers
- And home made granola makes an excellent present!
- Vegan, egg free, and gluten free (if utilizing certified-GF oats)
8 Easy, Recognizable Substances
- Oats: Old school entire rolled oats are key on this recipe, making up the majority of the dry elements. I don’t advocate fast or immediate oats right here.
- Sliced Almonds: Almonds add crunch, texture, and taste. I normally use sliced, however you need to use slivered or roughly chopped almonds as an alternative. Uncooked or roasted—the selection is yours!
- Cinnamon: A bit of cinnamon lends its heat to the flavour of this granola.
- Salt: Only a pinch, to boost all of the flavors.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup provides taste and sweetness, and also you’ll respect that the sugar on this recipe is pure and unrefined. It additionally helps bind the elements collectively.
- Coconut Oil: Don’t go away this out! Coconut oil is the important thing to the CRUNCH in each cluster, identical to once we make granola clusters. You should utilize vegetable oil or melted butter as an alternative if wanted.
- Almond Extract: A contact of almond extract provides the BEST taste to this granola. The odor brings to thoughts sugar cookies and birthday cake pancakes!
- Vanilla Extract: We’re utilizing a complete Tablespoon, for max vanilla taste.
The best way to Make Vanilla Almond Granola in 3 Steps
This recipe solely has 3 steps. That’s it! Actually, it’s beginning to sound like going to the shop to purchase granola is far more work.
- Combine collectively dry elements.
- Combine collectively moist elements.
- Mix the moist + dry, unfold on a baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring each quarter-hour.
Let the granola cool fully on the baking sheet. That is the place lots of the crispy-crunchiness occurs.
When you’ve tried these naturally sweetened, nutty clusters, I’m assured you received’t wish to return to the expensive store-bought stuff.
Extra Home made Favorites
Candy, sticky, and crunchy granola exploding with vanilla and almond flavors. Ditch store-bought, as a result of wholesome home made granola is straightforward! This recipe is vegan, egg free, and gluten free (if utilizing licensed GF oats).
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss the oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a big bowl. Put aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup and melted coconut oil collectively till mixed. Whisk within the almond and vanilla extracts. Pour over the oats and toss to coat. Be sure all the oats are moistened.
- Unfold out onto the ready baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring each quarter-hour. Enable granola to chill fully—because the granola cools, it turns into crunchy.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: Granola is the right recipe to make forward as a result of it stays recent for therefore lengthy. Retailer this in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 weeks. You can even freeze it for as much as 3 months.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Baking Sheet | Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | Whisk | Silicone Spatula
- Almonds: Typically I take advantage of honey roasted slivered almonds from Dealer Joe’s—they’re scrumptious! In the event you use honey roasted almonds, the granola will not be vegan.
Key phrases: vanilla almond granola